May 20, 2013

EVEN WHEN IT'S HARD AND MAKES ME WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT

Hola Familia!
I just love you so much! Talking to you yesterday was so fun! I wish it could have lasted longer, but the work must go on! And my companion was getting super antsy about leaving, even though she started way before I did because her computer didn't have any technical difficulties. Oh well. You all look and sound great. And I'm so happy about Baby Alex's new shirt! I need more details! Have Brett and Elise found out if they're moving yet or any details about that?
Anyway, we made it to our dinner appointment and had Peruvian chicken and it was so yummy! And then we made it to our miracle lesson. Wow. We got there and he wasn't home but his sister said that he just ran to the store so to come back in half an hour. So we did. The sister and her son are being taught by the English missionaries and so they sat in on the lesson too. And really liked it. But basically we sit down and Geraldo says, "I have two questions that I would really like to be answered: First, what is the Book of Mormon and where did it come from? Second, how do I become a member of your church?" Wowzee. So we taught him and he was just so into the lesson and we would teach the apostasy and he would just say how much sense that made. And then we taught the Restoration and he loved it. And we taught about Priesthood authority and he just saw that that made so much sense too. When we invited him to get baptized he was like sure, not tomorrow, but sure. So we gave him a date for June 15th. It was a really cool lesson.
Like I was telling you yesterday, Jhoana also came to church and that was a miracle. Elder Young and Elder Macias had been teaching her, but she takes care of all of her siblings kids and there was never a man in the house so it was super hard to teach her. So they passed her to us and told us good luck getting her to church. But we've been teaching her for the past few weeks and she's just absorbing things like a sponge. She has so many questions and has really wanted to see what church is like. Friday we had a lesson with her and we took a member and they just clicked. They member offered to give her a ride to church and she was so excited. She also didn't have to work taking care of all the kiddos so it was super easy to get her there. And she loved it. She kept saying how different it was from the other churches she had been to, but that she really liked it. She is on date for June 8th and she's really progressing.
So that's about the update for things here. Every day is a struggle, but Heavenly Father is blessing us. Going back to Old Town for Reyna's baptism this week made me remember that I didn't love Old Town when I first got there either. Or even after my first transfer there. That it took a lot of work and that there were a lot of tears, but that it became a place that I love more than I can say. That can happen here too. It's requiring a lot of work and there have been more than a few tears, but that's okay. Heavenly Father knows why He put me here in this area with this companion. I pray every day that I can be teachable and learn from her and learn from this area. Maybe we'll never be the best of friends like Hna Stewart and I are or like Hna Wallis and I have come to be, but we can accomplish what we were sent here to do and we can love doing the work. That's the most important thing.
I love the Lord and I love this work, even when it's so hard that it makes me want to pull my hair out. It was so good to see you all yesterday. Thanks for being the best family in the world.
xoxo
Hermana Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment